Saturday 29 August 2009

Tree


I really love trees - however over the last few weeks we have been faced with a dilemma, whether or not to take down a fir tree in the front of our garden. Although it was a lovely tree it did block out an enormous amount of light from the house and it required a lot of work maintaining it's shape and size.

When my kids were small they used to like me to hang Christmas lights around the tree and although it was a family ritual for several years, I finally gave up to risking my life and limb to climb to the top and hang the lights around it.

After much debate, the final decision was made. It had to go. I'm sure many tree-lovers will be sad about the choice that we made and I have to admit that the family were quite sad as well.
The good news is that we are hoping to replace it with something a little more appropriate from a size perspective.

No comments: