Tuesday 4 November 2008

Good Days and Bad Days


We all have good days and bad days, in fact that's what makes life interesting. However I must admit that just recently I've had a few dismal days in a row and I know that I shouldn't use the weather as an excuse, but yesterday was an awfully grey and miserable day here in Suffolk.

I'm not sure if I'm affected by the SAD (seasonal affective disorder) syndrome, but I certainly respond better to a warm sunny climate. When it's cold, damp and dreary all I just want to do is hibernate.

To combat this I generally try to exercise and motivate myself, but it takes all of my self-discipline to do so. Of course I'm usually the one who motivates others when they're feeling down, but I ask myself - who motivates the motivator?

Well I have to say the thing that gets me through these difficult days is 'focusing on' those little things that makes life worth living.

For example; looking for a ray of sun through darkened clouds, observing the golden autumn leaves glistening on the trees, the smile and warmth of a loved one, hearing a favourite song on the radio. listening to children laugh, and of course finding peace and solitude in reading a good book and relaxing.

What makes you glad to be alive?

Thinking about the above question, I suppose the overall quality of our lives really depends on what we truly focus upon.

Today I'm going to look for everything good that comes into my life and
see if thinking 'postive' really does create postive results.

Oh - just to let you know while writing this post the sun has decided to shine.

Hallelujar!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martin, I'm over fifty and fighting for fitness. Came across your blog and enjoyed it very much. I plan to be back.