Tuesday 9 June 2009

Top Ten Songs With Saxophone Solo's

Last night my son Jason and I were talking about our all time top songs ever produced. He mentioned that I should create my own top ten favourites to put on my blog.........Which got me thinking.

Because I'm learning to play the Saxophone and forgive me if I'm biased but I personally think that the Saxophone is the coolest instrument out there (sorry to all you guitar players.) I thought that I would compile my all-time top ten pop songs which have Saxophone Solo's in them.. so here they are.

Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions.

10/ Year Of The Cat - Al Stewart

9/ Spandua Ballet - True

8/ Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones

7/ Born To Run - Bruce Sprinsteen

6/ One Step Beyond - Madness

5/ Careless Whisper - George Michael

4/ Us And Them - Pink Floyd

3/ Young Americans - David Bowie

2/ You Belong To The City - Glen Frey

1/ Gerry Raffety - Baker Street

Yeah... I know they're all mostly eighties hits - but there you have it my all time favourites.. albeit 'Golden Oldies'





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello JIKJN,

I like your song list and forgive your mis-guided thoughts that the sax is cooler than the guitar :o)

I highly recommend you download and listen to "I Still Believe" - by Tim Cappello its the coolest Saxophone song I've ever heard. Barr none!

Its taken from "The Lost Boys" movie soundtrack.

Let me know what you think of it. If you learn to play it I would be VERY interested in hearing it.

Anonymous said...

Dude the solo on The Logical Song is sick and it's overall a good jam... put that on your list and smoke it.