Sunday 1 November 2009

Shiatsu Post Graduate Course


Yesterday, I started a post graduate course in Shiatsu & Oriental Medicine, in Norwich Norfolk.

I can't believe that it has been over seventeen years since I started my initial training in Shiatsu, eventually qualifying from the Shiatsu College (Norwich) in 1995.

The strangest thing I noticed after attending yesterdays all-day session, was it actually made me feel like only a month or two had passed since my very last lesson back in 1995, which I have to say was a very weird feeling indeed.

It was really nice because I just slotted back in where I had left off. This was probably due to the fact that my original teachers were still presenting the class in exactly the same format as they did all those years ago - relaxed but very informative.

So what did I learn yesterday? Well that's a good question....amongst a variety of subjects being taught, I specifically learnt how to give a very effective neck treatment, which rather paid off this morning as I've already had the pleasure in helping my wife, who was suffering with a rather stiff neck.

As a regular patient of mine, my wife Ali knows what my usual treatment is like, however after this particular session she commented on how different and somewhat refined my treatment seemed, which made me feel that what I had learnt yesterday was well worth all the time, effort and expense.

More important from my own perspective, I also realised how important it was for me to 'receive' Shiatsu myself. Being on the end of several other peoples 'treatments' yesterday, I had truly forgotten how good it actually feels to be a recipient.

So overall yesterday's training was really rewarding in many ways -and I aim to continue with the Post Graduate Course and can't wait for the next session in January 2010.

No comments: