Wednesday 17 February 2010

Big Lungs!

Being an underwater swimmer I'd always thought of myself as having a good set of lungs. But I've recently discovered on MSN News, that a world record has just been made for someone holding their breath underwater for over 19 minutes -

Wow that's an awesome set of Lungs. However I also just read that he was officially allowed to breath in pure oxygen for ten minutes before attempting to break the world record.

I'm just pleased that I can swim 25 metres underwater without coming up for air!

Talking of 'Lungs' I really love Florence and The Machines CD Album (called -'Lung's' who incidentally won a Brit Award last night for 'best album) - My wife bought it for me for Christmas - just though I'd mention that in passing while Im practising holding my breath.........





P.S. Just to inform you that's not me in the above picture.

No comments: