Saturday 5 November 2011

Back Again!

So it's been a while since writing my last post (Feb 2011), in fact it's been so long that I forgot my own password to be able to enter this blog site to write this post.

I'm pleased to report for anyone who may be at all interested, at the present time everything is going well in my life and I have maintained my fitness levels since turning fifty, 15 months ago.

To bring you up to date, I'm currently renewing my interest in cycling as a way of keeping fit and have recently purchased a hybrid / road bike (Giant Rapid 2), which is just fantastic to ride compared to my old mountain bike.

I shall continue to ride throughout the winter months despite my dislike of the cold weather, infact alongside the bike I've also purchased a turbo trainer, which means I can also ride my new mean machine in the garage without having to venture out into the cold and wet.

I know this sounds like I'm a bit of a fair-weather cyclist, I do however know what it feels like to ride in really extreme conditions, having been a postman for several years when I was in my early twenties.

I'll once again will be looking forward to those Spring / Summer months when I am able to venture out on to the open roads, with just my shorts and t-shirt on.

No comments: