Saturday 20 September 2008

Back Home


Well I'm back home after my holiday in Spain and I have to say I'm feeling really refreshed.

I can't think of anything worse than boring you with all the details about my holiday exploits and of course showing you endless photos, which are of no particular interest to anyone except myself.

So I'll only give you a few brief details about my vacation including one family photo (above). I'm sure that you'll be pleased to know in keeping with my theme of becoming fighting fit at fifty it wasn't all sun, sea and sangria.

My daily morning routine consisted of rising about 7.30am and going outside and stretching for about 10 minutes. The warm climate does make so much difference when you're exercising, my flexibility increased by about twenty percent.

After stretching, I then practised all my Kuk Sool forms , improvising with some barbecue utensils and broom handles as make shift weapons.

I would then swim in the pool for approximately thirty - forty minutes, completing on average one hundred and fifty lengths (this might sound impressive, however the pool was only about 4 metres long.)

It was such a pleasure swimming in the mornings watching the sunrise and the pool temperature hovering around 80 degrees. Swimming is just a great way to keep in shape.

I worked-out for at least one hour everyday while on holiday and on some occasions longer. I have to say that it wasn't over strenuous exercise just enough to get a little-bit of a sweat on.

The main thing about my exercise regime - I was consistent and didn't miss a morning, but still had plenty of time for relaxation too. (Totally balanced)

Upon returning home after most vacations I've usually increased my overall weight by several pounds. This morning I weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised that I was 13stone 5lbs. - I actually lost 1 lb. Hooray!!

Well here I am again back in England on a chilly Saturday morning, preparing to go training once again. At least the sun is shining and I'm feeling re-vitalised and once again ready for action.

Now I'm looking forward to the Houston heat in three weeks time.

2 comments:

Rachel Ducker said...

Well done dad! Indeed you were and I really enjoyed the holiday with you.

Thanks for all your help! You are my inspiration.

Duckey x

Anonymous said...

A great post and funny too. I can just imagine you doing forms with bbq utensils!

Here's to some top quality training over the coming months.