Thursday 1 January 2009

Oh What A Night !



I have to admit that I'm feeling slightly under-par today. No sympathy required though as it was all self-inflicted. However I have to add - we had a cracking good time.

My family and I (excluding my son Jason - he was off gigging somewhere else) spent New Years Eve at Sprowston Manor, Norwich.

It was a black-tie event and included a fantastic meal and entertainment by a local band called 'Scratch-The-Cat' who were outstanding. This was to be our 4th New Year's Eve here and once again we were not to be disappointed.

After welcoming in the New Year in the traditional sense, by singing the customary Auld-Lang-Syne, the party carried on until 2am in the morning.

To keep us going until the end we were fed absolutely delectable bacon butties (in the past we had always had traditional Haggis Neaps & Tatties.) However the bacon rolls served their purpose and carried us through right to the end.

A great time was had by all. But we're suffering a little today. Never-mind it was definitely all worth it.

My daughter Rachel has some interesting photo's that she took. Some great pic's before midnight (of myself completely sober) and some even better ones afterwards (partially tipsy) But you'll probably never get to see those ones.

Once again - Happy New Year




No comments: