Sunday 1 March 2009

New Saxophone


After a couple of months playing the Saxophone I'm now testing out a different model - it's a Yamaha YAS-275.

Of course I really know a lot about Yamaha technology - Initially starting off with a Yamaha FSIE and then progressing to a Yamaha RD 350 and ending up with a Yamaha XS 500.

Of course as you've probably guessed these are all motorbikes that I had in my youth. Reflecting back to those days, I have to say my bikes rarely let me down and I'm feeling confident that the new Yamaha Saxophone will also be excellent value for money too.

From a playing perspective - I can now recite a couple of more tunes - 'Scarborough Fair' and 'Auld Lang Syne', which has boosted my confidence - however I'm looking for a teacher (close to home) who will be able to take me to the next stage in my musical development.

The most important thing at the moment ~ I'm really enjoying playing the Sax and can't wait to get into some more Jazzy material.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new Sax looks gorgeous! Not as nice as an RD 350 but the sax is much more shiny!!

Im glad you're still enjoying playing Sir.

Keep up the practice!

Site Closed said...

Does the new sax sound as sweet as the old two stroke RD on full song??? :D

~K~