Wednesday 15 July 2009

One Year On !

Today it's my 49th birthday, (thank you for your for the card PSBN Jon - I think you're the only one who actually reads this blog.)

Just to remind anyone else who may be reading, the main reasons for me starting this blog 12 months ago, was because I was feeling very down in the dumps, overweight, tired and very sluggish.

Of course much of the above was down to a string of events that had previously happened to me, such as the passing away of my father, my daughter leaving home and my wife suffering with the 'empty nest syndrome' my whole life had taken a considerable down-turn.

So, one year ago I decided to try to do something about it. So I started writing, exercising and dieting as a kind of therapeutic outlet and I have to say that over the past year it has helped me tremendously.

Thankfully my head has now emerged from those dark clouds and a new 'MD' has emerged. Here's the picture to prove it. (Minus 15lbs in weight)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a difference. You can see the difference in your face alone never mind the improvements to your body, both internally and what we can see externally.

2009 has been a good year for you and all the Ducker family. Lord knows you have had tough times of late and your strength as a family has been tried and tested.

Guess what? You all passed!

Happy Birthday KJN Martin from your only reader!

I'm sure thats not the case. Ask Rachel to set you up with Google Analytics then you can see how many readers you have.