Monday 12 October 2009

How am I doing?


Regular visitors to this blog may be wondering, how my eating and training regime is currently going?

After taking a week off from any physical activity I must add that I'm feeling in an incredibly good space, although I'm still experiencing some discomfort and stiffness in my lower back.

My eating habits have become, shall we say less intense. For instance although I'm still using my 'juicer' I'm not quite so obsessed with trying to follow a totally alkaline diet.
I still regularly enjoy a class of wine or a beer from time-to-time and recently tried out some incredibly good food while in Italy.

My philosophy has changed slightly, I'll eat what I feel is good for me at the time and then apply moderation to all other things like alcohol and sweet things. In fact I discovered that you can't visit somewhere like Italy without tasting the locally produced wine and and the fantastic ice cream that's on offer on most street corners.

I understand that being in a stressful environment, as well as worrying about what you eat or don't eat can be more damaging to your health than the actual food that you consume - of course moderation is still the key word.

Not only have I taken the time to 'smell the roses', but I've also taken the time to 'taste the wine' as well.

Isn't life good!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent post KJN and hits the nail on the head I think.

Recently I have been pushing myself really hard to lose weight and doing lots more extra workouts such as running in my lunch breaks and doing a new program at the gym and when I have a fantastic week I lose 1lb. Then another week when I'm having more relaxation from the training but still watching what I eat/drink I lose 2lb!

It frustrates me.