Sunday 5 April 2009

Time To Smell The Roses


Having worked extremely hard over the last twenty-three years or so to build a successful business, as well as providing the best for my family, I now find myself at a place in time where it's maybe 'time to stop and smell the roses'.

What's brought this about you may suddenly ask yourself - has his age finally caught up with him - What's going on?

My wife (who is also my greatest mentor) has told me for many years to follow these particular words of wisdom and of course like most men............ I've never listened.

Many times I have often found myself burnt-out with nothing left for myself or anyone else for that matter.

Sitting in my garden this morning (after my morning run and bike ride) I found a quiet spot and listened to the birds chirping away and while the sun gleamed down on my face I contemplated life.

My thoughts soon led me toward some news that I heard about last week concerning two friends, one close and the other not so close. Both unfortunately are fighting there own separate bouts of Cancer, one of which I discovered is terminal.

Of course when this happens to people you know it certainly makes you look at your own life from an entirely different perspective.

With this in mind its made me realise that life is precious and maybe now for myself it really is time for me to stop striving and now begin truly arriving.

Of course there are still things that I want to achieve, however many of these are less materialistic and a little more about having positive experiences, enjoying life and having some fun.

So maybe it really is ~ 'Time For Myself To Smell The Roses'

No comments: