Monday 18 May 2009

Leonard Cohen


Have you heard of Leonard Cohen? I'm sure many of you have. If you haven't - I've been told that he's a gifted performer as well as being an outstanding songwriter.

If your not so familiar with his work, you might recognise the song Hallelujah which he originally sung himself, but was later covered by Jeff Buckley and more recently popularised by Alexandra Burke on X- Factor.

My son Jason and I, after our memorable trip to see Bob Dylan in Birmingham have also decided to go and see Leonard Cohen perform live at the Mercedes Centre in Weybridge, Surrey in July.

Jason thinks he's the bees-Knees being a singer songwriter himself and has listed him as one of the top performers/songwriters that he wishes to see live.

As for myself I have to say that I've listened to some of his other songs and have to admit that they sound a little dreary and depressing - but what do I know!

Didn't I think the same about Bob Dylan - now I'm playing his CD's in my car.

No comments: