Friday 8 January 2010

Snow Joke!!


Probably like the rest of the country, I've now had enough of the 'white stuff'. It's really starting to cheese me off. (Although I do expect the kid's are loving it!)

I was just beginning to get back into the swing of things after the New Year holidays, when suddenly because of the extreme weather everything comes to an abrupt stand-still.

My family have noticed that I've become a little grouchy over the last few days, maybe its just because of my age, but I know it's because I'm unable to get on with my life. My psychiatrist says that it's because I'm a control freak. (I don't really have a psychiatrist - but I've got the next best thing.)

My wife says - that I should really look at it from a different perspective - "see it as an extra holiday, chill-out" she says - The only thing is - I don't want any more holiday and I'm already chilled-out due to the freezing weather - I've had enough - I just want warmer weather and to go back to my normal everyday routine.

The weather forecast today is for yet more snow over the weekend, especially here in the East. So I've taken my wife's advice - I've decided not to moan anymore, to stay indoors and try and do something positive, like play my Saxophone, or do some more writing for example, hence the reason for this post.

For anyone who does have to venture out - take care and wrap up warm !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely and I'm fed up with the poor weather now.

I've wasted over 15 hours in my car this week just travelling to and from work.

What a waste.