Saturday 16 January 2010

Use It Or Lose It!!

The snow has gone and life is now getting back to normal.

It's amazing that just over a week ago the majority of the country came to a hault because of the bad weather. Many people like myself had been stuck indoors for several days or more.

I wasn't able to exercise to the extent that I usually do and my body soon became very stiff. I suppose it just goes to show how quickly the body can become less pliable without consistent movement.

I have a little saying that I use to remind myself as I grow older, 'Use it or lose it!' Just like the village post office - our bodies needs movement.

For me personally it's very important to exercise, stretch, and eat healthy on a regular basis. If I do divert from my usual regime even just for a few days my body soon lets me know.

For whatever reason, if I ignore the tell-tale signs and symptoms, then these messages become stronger in the way of pain and sickness.

This morning I'm about to set off and do some martial art training, which includes stretching kicking and practicing my pre-set forms. This should last for approx. 1-2 hours and will incorporate a total body workout and a great way for me to stay in condition.


P.S. Still no alcohol for this year.

No comments: