Tuesday 23 March 2010

Knee Injury


Last week I was demonstrating a specific martial art move to an Instructor when I suddenly twisted my knee joint, so much so that I heard something inside crack.

My first reaction was to fall to the ground in pain. Afterwards I then massaged and stretched the knee joint and tried to assess the damage that had been caused.

In the past I've had suffered cruciate ligament problems that have taken approximately two years to completely heal, so I actually feared the worst that the same might have happened again.

The next morning my knee was very stiff, sore and painful but I was still able to walk, which was very good sign.

Slowly over the next couple of days, the stiffness wore off and the pain subsided - Thankfully the damage was not as great as I'd first expected.

This time I had been very lucky and my injury caused only minimal disruption to my training. However my sympathies go out to anyone who is suffering with a similar knee problem at the present time.

I know that is nothing more frustrating than an athlete or sports-person that can't train because of a specific knee problem. For those people in this situation you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

So anyone reading this post suffering with a knee injury - I wish you well and a very speedy recovery.


No comments: