Thursday 25 March 2010

Kuk Sool Update!



I've now been practising the traditional Korean Martial Art of Kuk Sool Won continuously now for over thirty years .

Last weekend I participated in a Masters' training session held in Norwich, with the Grandmasters two eldest son's.

I have to say it was one of the best sessions that I've had for many years and it gave me every reason to want to continue practising this wonderful martial art for several years to come.

Although our Association has been going through some major changes over the past couple of years, I felt re-assured that our art has not lost some of it's more traditional aspects, despite what some people might think.

As Master Alex Suh (the Grandmasters 2nd eldest son) suggested that just because we are more concerned with putting into place more of the safety aspects these days, the techniques that we do learn are still as effective, if executed to their full extent.

Admittedly the Kuk Sool style that I initially learnt at the very beginning is totally different to that which is practised today, I do however personally enjoy my training just as much as I ever did, if not even more.

As long as we still have 'true' Masters like Sung Jin Suh & Alex Suh teaching us, there's definitely no need to look elsewhere for any other martial art training - these guys' are the best of the best and certainly know their particular art inside out.



Kuk Sool!

No comments: