Friday 12 March 2010

Peace & Quiet


Every so often I do yearn for some peace and quiet, space away from everyone! Don't get me wrong I love people, but sometimes I just need solitude.

Last week my wife Ali and I went back to the Peak District in Derbyshire. We stayed at the same location as we did last year, Blakelow Cottages, near Matlock.

While my wife was just chilling out in the Cottage, I ventured off and did some hill walking alone in the countryside. I must have walked miles without seeing another person.

For me just spending time alone allows me to relax and just think. After a short while I then seem to find a higher level of inspiration, it's no wonder that many artist's, poets and song writers have felt inspired by this type of environment also.

Anyway after spending four days wandering in hills, I've just returned home to 'flat' Suffolk.

I have to say that I'm feeling really relaxed, re-invigorated and once again ready to face the big wide-world.




No comments: