Tuesday 13 April 2010

Thurso - Scotland


Have you ever heard of a town called Thurso ?

Well to inform you a little more, it's the most northly town on the British mainland, approx 25 miles from John O'Groats.

This coming weekend I'm due to visit there with my family to celebrate 20 year of Kuk Sool Won in Caithness.

To be exact, Thurso is around 700 miles away from my home and it will be my 31st visit to this remote location in the Highlands.

Twenty years ago I was encouraged by one of my martial art students to visit and help start the first ever Scottish Kuk Sool there.

After the first initial visit I was hooked by the warmth and friendliness of the locals, and was subsequently made an 'honourary Scotsman' and informed to 'hast ye back'. which I did. (several times)

As a matter of fact, I've worked out that this is my 31st trip to Thurso, Caithness; covering a total of 43,000 miles. That's committment (or madness) for you!!

Anyway it will be an emotional reunion for the family - Thurso has been like our second home and we still have many good friends that we're looking forward to seeing again.

I just know that it will be fantastic and memorable trip.

No comments: