Friday 7 May 2010

Election Fever


I don't really consider myself a political person, but I have to admit I have really enjoyed watching the debates and information concerning the recent General Election.

Last night (voting night) I stayed up watching TV until well past midnight and then awoke early next morning at 5am to continue to follow the way things were progressing.

I know that most people are a little reluctant to give-away which way they voted, but having put my cross on the ballot paper for Labour and the Lib Dem's at the last General Elections, I opted this time to vote for the Conservatives in order to bring about some positive change.

Therefore I'm slightly disappointed that the Conservatives didn't gain overall majority to win the Election, but I'm pleased to say that in my constituency of Suffolk Coastal, the majority of voters agreed with my own decision, with the Conservative Party gaining 46% share of the vote.

As a matter-of-fact, they now control 52 seats within the East of England region, Lib Dem's 4 and Labour 2. - I'm no statistician but I would say that's a pretty resounding victory for the Tories.

Over the next couple of day's it will be interesting to see what the final outcome will be, however on the whole doesn't it just make politics that little more exciting than it normally is.

No comments: