Wednesday 5 May 2010

New Mobile Phone?


My current contract for my mobile phone is due to expire within the next couple of weeks and I'm seeking advice on which new mobile phone and tariff to get that will suit my needs best.

My current phone is an LG Arena which often freezes and has very poor battery life. I'm desperate to get a new phone as I can't seem to make a decent phone call without something strange happening.

I have a friend in Aberdeen who uses a Blackberry Bold and my daughter and her boyfriend both have a 3g iPhone, which they think are definitely the best.

So what are my basic requirements?
  • To be able to use it for emails and texts.

  • To help organise my small business and personal life.

  • To browse the Internet for News, Weather and Sport etc.

  • To listen to music & take good pictures
I've been looking at all the options and mobile phones available online and I think what I basically require is a 'Smartphone', but does anybody have any preference or advice to which one. I know much of its down to personal choice, but I'd like to hear your views anyway.


P.S. Just a note to finish - Can anyone remember what it was like before the era of 'mobile phones' - how did we ever survive?



2 comments:

bluemoonblog said...

I used string and tin cans before my first mobile phone, lol

Anonymous said...

It all comes down to personal preference. Go and have a play with the smart phones in the shop and see which one takes your fancy.

Personally I went for the blackberry Storm, its brilliant and I'm totally happy I made the right choice. The iPhone has too many "applications" that are all available for a price (some are free) that I would never use.

As Helen also got the same phone at the same time we can use Blackberry messenger to message each other as many times as we like for free. That applies to all blackberry phones. Some of my work colleagues have one and we can all message each other free which is a huge bonus.

Our package includes unlimited texts and 500 minutes talk time per month for £30