Tuesday 18 May 2010

Facebook










Up until yesterday I've refrained from getting involved on Facebook. Instead I've opted to having a low profile, keeping my head below the radar so-to-speak.

So why a change of heart you might ask? Well the thing that always used to put me off about using social networking sites was the 'smut and dribble' that some people used to post on there, they probably still do, but my kids, Rachel & Jay have both explained to Ali and I about the positive benefits about using Facebook.

I've been informed that its a great way to keep in contact with many of my old school friends especially as many of us are now experiencing our 50th birthdays'. Its also great to keep in touch with many Kuk Sool, Instructors, and students both past and present.

In fact both Ali and I have only been on there for less than twenty-four hours and we've already gained over thirty-two contacts, with some people leaving us really nice heartfelt messages. I didn't realise that I had so many 'friends' out there.

My daughter Rachel runs a PR and marketing company called Apparition, she says that we need to increase our 'business profile' and Facebook and Twitter are both good ways of doing just that. So I'd better listen to her as she seems to know what she's talking about.

Oh well I'll give it a go and see what happens - I can always go back to burying my head in the sand again if all becomes too much for me.


No comments: