Friday 25 July 2008

Health Check Up

Last week I had my health check-up, which took about twenty minutes of my time. The various tests consisted of blood pressure / heart rate, urine test for diabetes etc.

The good old stethoscope was then used for checking out my heart and lungs (I actually got listen myself). I also had my height, weight and waist measured, which converted my BMI (body mass index).

Another specific test called ‘peak flow’ records the strength of the outward breath by me blowing hard into a tube-like instrument.

Of course no health check is complete without giving up some blood. I always feel a little reluctant about this procedure, as I’ve discovered previously that I don’t like the sight of my own blood. However I have now found a great remedy to overcome this problem – don't look when it’s being taken.


So that’s it a ‘piece of cake’ no big deal and the results should be back very soon. Watch this space to see the details of my health check.

No comments: