Tuesday 5 August 2008

Green Tea


















I've just read on the MSN Health & Fitness website that drinking Green Tea is great way of not only boosting your metabolism but also providing you with antioxidants to help prevent cancer. It also contains other specific properties that help reduce cholesterol and protect against heart disease.

That's really good news because I'm currently sitting here writing this particular post with a cup of green tea sitting next to me.

In fact I'm addicted to the stuff, I even take my own tea bags with me when I go out visiting family and friends just in case I'm offered ordinary tea or coffee.

Several years ago I was drinking a lot of normal tea and was suffering with lots of headaches, the amount of caffeine was the problem. Instead of switching to de-caf tea I just decided to try out Green Tea instead and have kept with it ever since.

Yes there is caffeine contained within green tea but the amounts are significantly less than coffee or ordinary tea and I can drink approximately 8-10 cups a day without the hint of a headache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We always have a stash of green tea at our place so you won't have to bring your own!

Wish I enjoyed the taste of green tea - because I love coffee !