Wednesday 27 August 2008

Training Schedule

Sorry SBN Kris - but I love this old photo of us together - brings back fond memories


Getting back to my individual training preparations for the World Championship in October. I am currently allowing myself a minimum of one hour a day practice.

Now this might not sound much like hard training, but I am slowly building and preparing much like a person who is making preparations to run a Marathon.

During this one-hour I allow myself time to go through all my of my eighteen forms or Hyungs, (including weapons forms) which takes me approximately forty-five minutes and then self-defence technique revision to finish.

It is recommended by our Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh that when practicing Kuk Sool forms/hyungs, each one should be individually practiced in four directions.

For myself this will consists in me performing seventy-two forms in straight succession without stopping and will take around two hours to complete. Now thats a workout.

As I've mentioned, this is something I intend to gradually be building up to over the next few weeks and will have completed it several times before I leave for Houston in October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already heard good things about the black belt class last night getting a strong work out that you lead Sir.

Looking forward to ours on Friday :o)

Anonymous said...

Awesome side kick Sir!!

Wish I was that flexible! Any tips?