Friday 8 August 2008

PEAK FLOW CHART


Having had my health-check results returned last week I was interested to discover that my Peak Flow rate was exceptionally high indeed for my age, so much so that Dr. Paul wants to carry out some further advanced tests on me.

During my examination, I was asked to exhale quickly in to a tube-like device that is used to measure how well your lungs are functioning and is often used in cases like asthma.

As I've already mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my particular reading was 790, which if you look at the chart above you can see that my measurement is not even on the scale.

I believe that without a shadow of a doubt my extended lung capacity is specifically down to my martial art training and the special breathing exercises that I have done within Kuk Sool over the past thirty years.

So if anyone wants conclusive evidence - here it is.

Martial arts can seriously improve your health.

No comments: