Friday 15 August 2008

Top Ten Amazing Things



















My own picture of the Empire State building taken from the Rockafella Centre, New York



Having thought about the things that I would like to do in the future (in my previous post.) It got me thinking about what I've already achieved in my life so far.

I have to admit and upon reflection
I've been pretty lucky to have had the opportunity to do some pretty amazing things.

I just want to add, that I'm truly grateful for the opportunities that have come about in my life so far and I hope that there are many more to come.

So here they are my
'Top Ten Amazing Things' that I've achieved so far. (In no particular order of preference.)

1/ Enjoying an evening meal on a boat trip along the river Seine in Paris, celebrating my wife's birthday. (My most romantic gesture so far)

2/ Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco at 1am in the morning. (it's big and it's long)

3/ Visiting the top of the Empire State Building in New York - (breathtaking views)

4/ Staying in the same hotel with the Manchester United football team. (An awesome experience meeting Sir Alex Ferguson)

5/ Performing a martial art demo for David Beckham and VIP guests at his home in Hertfordshire. (I had to pinch myself to see if it was real)

6/ Staying in a Buddhist Monastery located four miles up in the mountains in South Korea (peaceful & beautiful)

7/ Walking around the outside of the White House in Washington. (Lots of snipers hidden in trees)

8/ Crashing the Space Shuttle on a simulator in Houston Space Centre, Texas and meeting some real life Astronauts.

9/ Watching both my kids being born. (Nearly missed one due to the fact I was feeling rather faint.)

10/ Sharing a shuttle train ride with Sir Richard Branson at Heathrow Airport London. (He's my favourite man I'd most like to work for)

* One additional ~ marrying my wife Ali - 24 years ago. (She's gorgeous)

1 comment:

Rachel Ducker said...

Dad...

This point should have been number one!


9/ Watching both my kids being born. (Nearly missed one due to the fact I was feeling rather faint.)


Duckey x