Wednesday 27 August 2008

Purpose Built Training Hall (Dojang)



I consider myself as being very lucky as I have my own purpose built martial art training hall (Dojang) to practice in.

A place that I can quietly train on my own without being disturbed, as well as running my classes from during the evenings.

The hall was initially built twenty years ago by a handful of willing students who at the time had nowhere to practice.

We had outgrown our existing facilities due to a sudden increase in membership and couldn't find anywhere else suitable to rent.

With a little help from our district council and some private sponsorship we erected our own timber framed building on a piece of land provided by a local organization.

Over the years it has been called, a hut, a shed, a boy scout hall, but to the people who regularly use it, including myself it's our Dojang and we love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it still reeks fear into some of us when we arrive for all the gradings we had as coloured belts in this very dojang!! Oh the nostalgia and happy times.