Sunday 24 August 2008

Kuk Sool Won - 50th Anniversary


With our flight tickets already booked, Alison and I will begin making our preparations to attend the 50th anniversary of Kuk Sool Won, held in Houston Texas, October 2008.

Over the weekend of the 11th & 12th October the World Kuk Sool Championships & Masters Exhibition will also be held, with competitors and practitioners attending from all around the globe.

As i've already mentioned this year is a special year as it also incorporates the 50th anniversary of Kuk Sool Won, which was individually founded by Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh back in 1958.

Begining this morning I officially started my training for this event. Although I'm not competing I will be expected to referee and participate in the Masters Exhibition as well as maybe performing a final test for my 6th degree Black belt.

Over the last few weeks I have started slowly to improve my overall fitness levels by cycling and running, now it's time to get down to serious business with the martial arts.

I recently heard someone say that Kuk Sool Won Black Belts wear flashy uniforms but don't really train that hard. - Interesting perception!

I have to admit, the 'Generals Uniforms' that we do wear for demo purposes do look fantastic don't they.

As for training - of course when I'm totally focused on a goal or a desired outcome, I become very obsessed with practising.

In-turn when my own energy level rises, that also naturally follows into my martial art schools as well. So watch out everyone KJN is returning back to his very best, (or worst.) depending on how you view things.

Follow my blog over the next few weeks and I will highlight some of my training routines and preparations for the World Championships.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post KJN! Looking forward to reading more as the training continues. I've also heard the rumour that Kuk Sool won is flashy suits and not hard training, I'm glad I know I've earned my black belt!

I always remember Master Barry saying years ago at a UK Championship & Demo that each and every black belt has put in years and years of training and countless buckets of sweat!

How true that is.